Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fast Food can be healthy too..

Being out on the road is a way of life when you have a bunch of kids and an active busy life. Family trips, vacations, school days and longs days of family activities can result in unplanned time away from home. I have learned fast food can be convenient and sometimes a good option when feeding a family of 5 out on the road.

Im not suggesting McDonalds, Jack in Box, Burger King, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, KFC, Sonic, chic-fil-a.....   

Im saying Subway, Chipotle, Taco Delmar, Q'doba, Extreme Pita, Taco Time (Better than taco bell... but still watch the fried foods), Jama Juice...

These are where we end up on days where stuff comes up, late nights, busy days or on days we travel. You can find these healthier food chains Nation wide and it makes traveling with a family of 5 easier to feed.

Pizza is another one of our favorites...(Not just because this is how my husband and I met... Ok maybe thats a small reason why) I try not to get it too often, I even try to make my own at home. Pizza crust can be simple to make... You can use healthier flours.... but this post isnt about making our own.. its about eating the best we can out on the road or on busy days... when the time gets away from us and we are at families or friends houses or we have a bunch of people over... All of a sudden the clock turns to dinner and no one has prepped food ... Papa Murpheys take n bake Gourmet Veggie substitute with red sauce... my favorite... I know its not the best, but it is packed with vegetables and it makes me feel not as guilty.

I try to eat whole food and feed my kids as healthy as possible and most days we accomplish this... Other days when we find ourselves out on the road, we eat the best we can with what we got. Don't beat yourself up if every single day isnt homemade perfect food. None of us are perfect and we would all go crazy if we tried to be! Just try to make healthy choices with healthier food chains! We are so fortunate to have companies out there who offer healthy choices! Take advantage of them!

Papa Murphy's Take-N-Bake Pizza
Gourmet Veggie red sauce...  

I was raised to eat fanatically, and it is difficult to uphold. I have learned to not be so crazy and to do the best I can. Most days we eat a ton of vegetables, and home made food. Other days we do the best we can.

1 comment:

  1. Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian (with the red sauce) is our favorite too! Great Post mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Like what you see? Please subscribe and share!